Interested in Volunteering?
SDEV offers a number of volunteer activities for groups and Individuals. For more information send an inquiry to SDEVweb.email@example.com
- Assist on an SDEV Committee: Marketing, Fund Development, and Volunteer Committees are all looking for new members. Help plan SDEV events, gather support, and spend your time improving quality of life in the Southwest Detroit community. Be the Volunteer Coordinator for our Fourth Annual Garden Party with a Happy Hour Twist, Thursday August 4th.
- Garden at Cadillac Urban Gardens or Scarcyny Park: CUG is open for volunteers and groups. Email Sarah Clark for details (firstname.lastname@example.org). Regular work-days to begin this summer.
- Become a Neighborhood Champion and learn how to report blight issues: Sick and tired of finding illegally dumped tires and furniture, abandoned homes and cars, and graffiti and not knowing what to do about it? Want to know how to report these issues when they occur? When you become a Neighborhood Champion, SDEV will provide you with the resources you need to report blight in your area. As a Neighborhood Champion you choose an area of Southwest Detroit and make a pledge to report blight issues in that area. Becoming a Neighborhood Champion will help make your area a cleaner and safer place.
- Assist at one of SDEV’s many clean-up or beautification events: During the spring, summer, and fall, SDEV and friends will be organizing a number of clean-ups and beautification events throughout the Southwest Detroit area.For more information on upcoming events and volunteer opportunities, contact Sarah Clark at (313) 842-1961 or email@example.com
- Plan your own clean-up or neighborhood beautification event: SDEV has gloves and equipment available for loan and can assist you in organizing a clean-up event.
To speak to someone today about volunteer opportunities (313) 842-1961 or email SDEVweb.firstname.lastname@example.org.